THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL BE DOING
The Junior Installer/Apprentice primary responsibility will be the installation of custom tile and stone in residential and commercial projects.
Responsibilities (specific job duties)
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled,
- Understand and follow the blueprint and numbered sequence instructions;
- Seek work order clarification from the Lead Installer or Field Superintendent.
- Clean and level surfaces to be tiled;
- Remove any old tile, grout, and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
- Mix mortar, plaster, or grout manually or using machines (according to specifications)
- Apply appropriate adhesives to form a bed for the tiles using brush, trowel, and/or screed; attach lath or waterproof paper or apply cement mortar coat onto a metal screen.
- Utilize and maintain all company tools and machines according to company policy and adhere to and inspect quality control.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures and apply caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces; grout between joints.
- Cut or shape stone, tile, or granite to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Transport materials, tools, and machines to installation sites are required.
- Move or position materials – such as marble slabs – using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Seek any work order clarification from the Lead Installer or Field Superintendent and can communicate effective daily progress to Field Superintendent, including continuous communications as necessary for scheduling purposes.
- Complete timesheets accurately and on time and monitor inventory levels for jobs ensuring the correct amount of product on hand.
- Report issues, changes, and/or inventory to the Lead Installer or Field Superintendent.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned by senior management and assist in the development and learning of Junior Installers.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook, Company Safety and Health rules, OSHA regulations, and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of stone and tile installation processes Minimum of 0-3 years of experience of installing tiles (ceramic, marble, granite, etc.), laying out work, repairing and tile patching, preparing sub-surfaces, sealing surfaces, waterproofing, caulking, and grouting.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of tile, stone and granite
- Ability to read technical drawings, math calculations (measuring, addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, ratios, percentages, dimensions, basic algebra, geometry, and their applications), oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with customers and coworkers
- Ability to perform physical activities pertaining to the essential functions of the position: Requires considerable use of arms/legs and moving of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, carrying, and lifting 50-100lbs.
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Detail and task-oriented, dependable, and professional.
Only Applicants with Contact Information will be Considered